I guess Herbie need not ask the almost VP of the USA about creationism? Some were worried about some sort of pastor-by-association syndrome for the eventual winner, so it's unclear why Sarah's churches beliefs came in for so little scrutiny? If she is a pentecostal, as is the church she spent most of her adult life in, then she is a bible literalist. She believes the earth is 6000 years old, that humans encountered dinosaurs, and that Noah's Ark didn't have room for them I guess, hence their extinction. She certainly wants creationism taught in schoools as a serious alternative to evolution.
However much Fox news can't bear to face the reality that she and McCain lost, the danger is they attempt to champion her in a future election. She represents a special and insidious danger... no wonder the Republicans love her, George W with tits.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Even some teachers suffer from anxiety about math.
I teach people how to teach math, and I've been working in this field for 30 years. Across those decades, I've met many people who suffer from varying degrees of math trauma – a form of debilitating mental shutdown when it comes to doing mathematics.
She met mere mortals with and without the Vatican's approval.
- For centuries, the Virgin Mary has appeared to the faithful, requesting devotion and promising comfort.
- These maps show the geography of Marian apparitions – the handful approved by the Vatican, and many others.
- Historically, Europe is where most apparitions have been reported, but the U.S. is pretty fertile ground too.
The legacy of Felix Dzerzhinsky, who led Soviet secret police in the "Red Terror," still confounds Russia.
- Felix Dzerzhinsky led the Cheka, Soviet Union's first secret police.
- The Cheka was infamous for executing thousands during the Red Terror of 1918.
- The Cheka later became the KGB, the spy organization where Russia's President Putin served for years.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.