I guess Herbie need not ask the almost VP of the USA about creationism? Some were worried about some sort of pastor-by-association syndrome for the eventual winner, so it's unclear why Sarah's churches beliefs came in for so little scrutiny? If she is a pentecostal, as is the church she spent most of her adult life in, then she is a bible literalist. She believes the earth is 6000 years old, that humans encountered dinosaurs, and that Noah's Ark didn't have room for them I guess, hence their extinction. She certainly wants creationism taught in schoools as a serious alternative to evolution.
However much Fox news can't bear to face the reality that she and McCain lost, the danger is they attempt to champion her in a future election. She represents a special and insidious danger... no wonder the Republicans love her, George W with tits.
Upstreamism advocate Rishi Manchanda calls us to understand health not as a "personal responsibility" but a "common good."
- Upstreamism tasks health care professionals to combat unhealthy social and cultural influences that exist outside — or upstream — of medical facilities.
- Patients from low-income neighborhoods are most at risk of negative health impacts.
- Thankfully, health care professionals are not alone. Upstreamism is increasingly part of our cultural consciousness.
- Oumuamua, a quarter-mile long asteroid tumbling through space, is Hawaiian for "scout", or "the first of many".
- It was given this name because it came from another solar system.
- Some claimed Oumuamua was an alien technology, but there's no actual evidence for that.
America isn't immune to attempts to remove books from libraries and schools, here are ten frequent targets and why you ought to go check them out.
- Even in America, books are frequently challenged and removed from schools and public libraries.
- Every year, the American Library Association puts on Banned Books Week to draw attention to this fact.
- Some of the books they include on their list of most frequently challenged are some of the greatest, most beloved, and entertaining books there are.
Upvote the video, or videos, you want to win.
As you vote, keep in mind that we are looking for a winner with the most engaging social venture pitch - an idea you would want to invest in. And note: We'll only count upvotes (not downvotes).
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.