With all the comedic entities there have been over the years, it seems that all of them have come from hollow beginings that led to sadder endings. Fanny Brice, the original 'Funny Lady" (Pun definatly intended) came from a broken lower class home, and throughout her life she struggled with love. Lucille Ball's father died when she was a child and her mother left to support her family. And the brilliant Carol Burnett also had a similar begining to two alcoholic parents, one dieing and the other dieing soon after. I realize I've only included females here, but I've never studied male comic, I'm presuming theres a similar effect though. But WHY?
- The meaning of the word 'confidence' seems obvious. But it's not the same as self-esteem.
- Confidence isn't just a feeling on your inside. It comes from taking action in the world.
- Join Big Think Edge today and learn how to achieve more confidence when and where it really matters.
The team caught a glimpse of a process that takes 18,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 years.
- In Italy, a team of scientists is using a highly sophisticated detector to hunt for dark matter.
The controversial herbicide is everywhere, apparently.
- A jury on August 2018 awarded a non-Hodgkin's lymphoma victim $289 million in Roundup damages.
- Bayer/Monsanto says Roundup is totally safe. Others disagree.
Some back story
A Dunbar Correlation
Professor Dunbar's response:
Friendship, kinship and limitations
Gray matter matters
There is an eclectic list of reasons why compassion may collapse, irrespective of sheer numbers:
In the end
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.