Russia Sends US, EU Friendship Bracelets
The Kremlin sees a golden geopolitical moment couched in the doldrums of the economic crisis.
Call it the Great-Post-Bush-We-Just-Might-Be Friends-After-All-Reach-Out. It means more diplomatic resources geared toward the United States and the EU and was articulated by left-leaning Kremlin advisor Igor Yurgens who also heads the vaguely named think tank the Institute of Contemporary Development. "Out of pure logic, we should start talking to the U.S. and the European Union, " he told an assembly of Russian and US experts at the American Chamber of Commerce in Moscow recently.
Yurgens remarks dovetailed nicely with Vice President Biden's remarks at a security conference in Munich on February 7th.
What do big thinkers think? Is a sustained warming of Russo-American relations ahead?
Upvote/downvote each of the videos below!
Here are 7 often-overlooked World Heritage Sites, each with its own history.
Famous physicists like Richard Feynman think 137 holds the answers to the Universe.
- The fine structure constant has mystified scientists since the 1800s.
- The number 1/137 might hold the clues to the Grand Unified Theory.
- Relativity, electromagnetism and quantum mechanics are unified by the number.
A new method promises to capture an elusive dark world particle.
- Dark matter is estimated to take up 26.8% of all matter in the Universe.
- The researchers will be able to try their approach in 2021, when the LHC goes back online.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.