So You’ve Fallen In Love with a Psychopath
Kevin Dutton presents the warning signs that someone close to you is a psychopath.
Hey, let’s face it: Every relationship has its moments. After some arguments, both parties get to walk away feeling like they maybe weren’t at their best. Took things a little too far? A little over the top? A lot over the top? Seems like somebody’s crazy here. Still there’s a big difference between “crazy” with a small “c” and CRAZY, with a capital “K.” Which crazy is it?
Well, real mental illness is no joking matter for anyone, not the person suffering from it, or anyone too nearby. Wouldn’t it be nice to know if that person you’re wondering about is just having a few problems or actually qualifies as a sporadically lovable psychopath who needs professional help? Watch.
Kevin Dutton is a research psychologist at the Calleva Research Centre for Evolution and Human Science, Magdalen College, University of Oxford.
Upvote/downvote each of the videos below!
Here are 7 often-overlooked World Heritage Sites, each with its own history.
An innovation may lead to lifelike evolving machines.
- Scientists at Cornell University devise a material with 3 key traits of life.
- The goal for the researchers is not to create life but lifelike machines.
- The researchers were able to program metabolism into the material's DNA.
A new method promises to capture an elusive dark world particle.
- Scientists working on the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) devised a method for trapping dark matter particles.
- Dark matter is estimated to take up 26.8% of all matter in the Universe.
- The researchers will be able to try their approach in 2021, when the LHC goes back online.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.