Re:What are the top 10 greatest rock and roll bands of all time?...Unanswerable!
In my opinion, this question in its present form is entirely unanswerable. There are literally thousands of sets of criteria by which you could judge "greatest," and almost every one of them would lead you to a different answer. This question as it has been posed is much better suited to a "My Space" poll than it is to a site such as this, which aspires to set a higher standard for internet discourse. Perhaps you should rephrase the question into several different questions. For example:
1. What are the 10 most popular r&r; bands of all time?
2. What are the 10 most musically skilled r&r; bands of all time?
3. What 10 r&r; bands have had the most social impact?
4. What are the 10 most commercially viable r&r; bands of all time?
My point is that these specific questions could go on forever just based on the one vague question that was posed. No offense intended to the original questioner, but if the members of this site (myself included) are truly looking for a more thoughtful and intelligent dialouge than you get in an average "internet discussion group," the questions and/or "ideas" need to also be held to a higher standard.
A large new study uses an online game to inoculate people against fake news.
- Researchers from the University of Cambridge use an online game to inoculate people against fake news.
- The study sample included 15,000 players.
- The scientists hope to use such tactics to protect whole societies against disinformation.
Controversial map names CEOs of 100 companies producing 71 percent of the world's greenhouse gas emissions.
- Just 100 companies produce 71 percent of the world's greenhouse gases.
- This map lists their names and locations, and their CEOs.
- The climate crisis may be too complex for these 100 people to solve, but naming and shaming them is a good start.
Many governments do not report, or misreport, the numbers of refugees who enter their country.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.