Replacing Income Tax with Sales Tax is the best thing to do
Let me start off by saying that it is wrong to tax people for being smart with money!
Taxes should be based on the standard of living that you have. Currently the way that the tax system is set up actually discourages people from being smart with they're money because the government will tax the life out of you for any profit that you make on stocks and even more so in real estate and other investments.
This would make all Americans smarter with their money because there is nothing that we hate more than paying our taxes. People would save more of their money because there would be more tax incentives to do so. (you wouldnt pay taxes on anything that you save because you arent buying ne thing) In turn this would make the need for things like social security and medicare less so it would be better for the nations economy.
Some people say that doing this would stop the economy but it most certaintly would not. People would still buy stuff and most people would pay about the same in taxes but people who sacrifice things they want for a better net worth. And, people who don't take out loans to buy things that they cant afford in the first place would be rewarded because they are not being a burden on the system.
Pfizer's partnerships strengthen their ability to deliver vaccines in developing countries.
- Community healthcare workers face many challenges in their work, including often traveling far distances to see their clients
- Pfizer is helping to drive the UN's sustainable development goals through partnerships.
- Pfizer partnered with AMP and the World Health Organization to develop a training program for healthcare workers.
A study on flies may hold the key to future addiction treatments.
- A new study suggests that drinking alcohol can affect how memories are stored away as good or bad.
- This may have drastic implications for how addiction is caused and how people recall intoxication.
- The findings may one day lead to a new form of treatment for those suffering from addiction.
A glass of juice has as much sugar, ounce for ounce, as a full-calorie soda. And those vitamins do almost nothing.
Quick: think back to childhood (if you've reached the scary clown you've gone too far). What did your parents or guardians give you to keep you quiet? If you're anything like most parents, it was juice. But here's the thing: juice is bad for you.
As the world gets hotter, men may have fewer and fewer viable sperm
- New research on beetles shows that successive exposure to heatwaves reduces male fertility, sometimes to the point of sterility.
- The research has implications both for how the insect population will sustain itself as well as how human fertility may work on an increasingly hotter Earth.
- With this and other evidence, it is becoming clear that more common and more extreme heatwaves may be the most dangerous aspect of climate change.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.