Religion or Nationalism
In my opinion, human history has been driven mainly by two major ideas, religion and nationalism. Save the continuing advancements of technologies, nothing has shaped the world we live in more. Almost all wars have been started over one of the two ideas, and therefore more people have died for these beliefs than for anything else. I pose three questions. Which idea is responsible for more deaths in human history; religion or nationalism? Which idea is most likely to cause the next major war? And are people any different because of where they were born, or what god they believe in (if they do)?
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
The Canadian professor has an extensive collection posted on his site.
- Peterson's Great Books list features classics by Orwell, Jung, Huxley, and Dostoevsky.
- Categories include literature, neuroscience, religion, and systems analysis.
Evolution doesn't clean up after itself very well.
- An evolutionary biologist got people swapping ideas about our lingering vestigia.
- Basically, this is the stuff that served some evolutionary purpose at some point, but now is kind of, well, extra.
- Here are the six traits that inaugurated the fun.
Despite incredible economic growth, it is not necessarily an investor's paradise.
- China's stock market is just 27 years old. It's economy has grown 30x over that time.
- Imagine if you had invested early and gotten in on the ground floor.
- Actually, you would have lost money. Here's how that's possible.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.