Religion doesn't matter.
I am continually annoyed that there is no name for my philsophy (that I know of, that is; if anyone knows an established name for this philosophy, please tell me). I am frustrated that I have only two choices when it comes to being a non-believer: atheism or agnosticism.
I am neither atheist nor agnostic. I think that religion or the lack therof does not matter. I agree with atheists and agnostics most because they question ideas before accepting them.
I think that what you do is what matters, and how you decide to do it. If your actions are unconisdered, the product of what you believe without questioning, then I disagree with what you do. If you can honestly say that you have thoroughly considered what you do before you do whatever it is you do, then I can understand.
I am going to give a name to this philosphy since I don't know if there is a real one (damn, "Actionism," "Nontheism," AND "Irreligion" are ALL taken, and NONE apply!): Untheism.
This is a general discussion topic, please don't choose "Agree," "Neutral," or "Disagree."
- Patients from low-income neighborhoods are most at risk of negative health impacts.
It marks a major shift in the government's battle against the opioid crisis.
- It marks the first time a drug company has faced criminal charges for distributing opioids.
An innovation may lead to lifelike evolving machines.
- Scientists at Cornell University devise a material with 3 key traits of life.
- The goal for the researchers is not to create life but lifelike machines.
- The researchers were able to program metabolism into the material's DNA.
The real Game of Thrones might be who best leverages the hit HBO show to shape political narratives.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.