religion and war
I am a firm believer that religion has played a major role in inciting many wars throughout history. I also believe that it is most likely to be the cause of the next war, and, with the constant advance of weaponry, it could be one of the last. An article on nyt.com talks about the most recent outbursts of divine hatred for those of another creed. I find it frightening.
I know many consider religion less important in causing wars than other concerns, but I believe the support of the populace is needed to fight a war (present wars excluded) and religion is used to gain the support of the people through demonizing the enemy. How big of a role has religion played in historical wars in your mind? in recent wars? the current war?
Upvote/downvote each of the videos below!
Here are 7 often-overlooked World Heritage Sites, each with its own history.
Famous physicists like Richard Feynman think 137 holds the answers to the Universe.
- The fine structure constant has mystified scientists since the 1800s.
- The number 1/137 might hold the clues to the Grand Unified Theory.
- Relativity, electromagnetism and quantum mechanics are unified by the number.
A new method promises to capture an elusive dark world particle.
- Dark matter is estimated to take up 26.8% of all matter in the Universe.
- The researchers will be able to try their approach in 2021, when the LHC goes back online.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.