Re: Would it be smart for Mayor Mike Bloomberg to enter the race?
NO...not good for him to enter. He is a Republican in name only. He will confuse a lot of people and ultimately draw Independent voters which are likely going to come from the Democrats. He will pull from Rudy's bid. People are saying that he can overcome some of the obstacles that other third party candidates have had: getting on the ballot, raising money, support, he's not crazy looking like Perot. But that can't solve the biggest problem: the voters are going to be wondering: "why are you in this now?" "why not earlier?" "why should i take you seriously?" "you are not associated with any big party." Voters are reticent to support a third party candidate. Even if he gets 20% of the vote like Perot did in '92, can he carry ANY state? Probably not.
- The EAST reactor was able to heat hydrogen to temperatures exceeding 100 million degrees Celsius.
- Nuclear fusion could someday provide the planet with a virtually limitless supply of clean energy.
- During the Vietnam War, Robert McNamara began a program called Project 100,000.
- Women and nonwhite candidates made record gains in the 2018 midterms.
- In total, almost half of the newly elected Congressional representatives are not white men.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.