Re: Would it be smart for Mayor Mike Bloomberg to enter the race?
NO...not good for him to enter. He is a Republican in name only. He will confuse a lot of people and ultimately draw Independent voters which are likely going to come from the Democrats. He will pull from Rudy's bid. People are saying that he can overcome some of the obstacles that other third party candidates have had: getting on the ballot, raising money, support, he's not crazy looking like Perot. But that can't solve the biggest problem: the voters are going to be wondering: "why are you in this now?" "why not earlier?" "why should i take you seriously?" "you are not associated with any big party." Voters are reticent to support a third party candidate. Even if he gets 20% of the vote like Perot did in '92, can he carry ANY state? Probably not.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Cosmologists propose a groundbreaking model of the universe using string theory.
- A new paper uses string theory to propose a new model of the universe.
- The researchers think our universe may be riding a bubble expanded by dark energy.
- All matter in the universe may exist in strings that reach into another dimension.
Evolution doesn't clean up after itself very well.
- An evolutionary biologist got people swapping ideas about our lingering vestigia.
- Basically, this is the stuff that served some evolutionary purpose at some point, but now is kind of, well, extra.
- Here are the six traits that inaugurated the fun.
For Damien Echols, tattoos are part of his existential armor.
- In prison Damien Echols was known by his number SK931, not his name, and had his hair sheared off. Stripped of his identity, the only thing he had left was his skin.
- This is why he began tattooing things that are meaningful to him — to carry a "suit of armor" made up the images of the people and things that have significance to him, from his friends to talismans.
- Echols believes that all places are imbued with divinity: "If you interact with New York City as if there's an intelligence behind... then it will behave towards you the same way.".
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.