Re: Will war between nations ever end?
Take Europe for instance. For thousands of years war has broken out between the nations it's even triggered wars that escalated across the world. One hundred years ago, peace across Europe would have seemed an impossible dream.
However, now it's completely the opposite. War now between the nations of Europe seems ludicrous, I doubt anyone could imagine England invading France for instance, the region has never known such a stable time before.
There's many reasons why this is, such as increased communication, open borders, exports and imports, a single currency, immigration, emigration. People now visit other nations, know and communicate with people throughout the world and relocate to states their forefathers would have known as enemies.
War between nations will end because the concept of a "nation" will not survive. Eventually we will all be one people.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Even some teachers suffer from anxiety about math.
I teach people how to teach math, and I've been working in this field for 30 years. Across those decades, I've met many people who suffer from varying degrees of math trauma – a form of debilitating mental shutdown when it comes to doing mathematics.
She met mere mortals with and without the Vatican's approval.
- For centuries, the Virgin Mary has appeared to the faithful, requesting devotion and promising comfort.
- These maps show the geography of Marian apparitions – the handful approved by the Vatican, and many others.
- Historically, Europe is where most apparitions have been reported, but the U.S. is pretty fertile ground too.
The legacy of Felix Dzerzhinsky, who led Soviet secret police in the "Red Terror," still confounds Russia.
- Felix Dzerzhinsky led the Cheka, Soviet Union's first secret police.
- The Cheka was infamous for executing thousands during the Red Terror of 1918.
- The Cheka later became the KGB, the spy organization where Russia's President Putin served for years.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.