Re: Why is Ron Paul being hidden from us?
I agree with you that the media is completely out of control. While we are in the midst of a presidential election, the news networks have been covering Brittany Spears and Lindsay Lohan. Our so called "news" is nothing more than entertainment. This brings me to my point about why Ron Paul is being hidden. It's the same reason that no one on the Democratic side even knows about Kucinich or Gravel. The media decides who is mainstream, not based on the candidates ideas, but on ill-based concepts about what the candidate is like. Paul, Kucinich and Gravel aren't invited to debates (which are supposed to be a way to inform the people of the candidates positions) and even when they are, they are pushed to the side off camera. The fact is, their ideas aren't radical. They're moderate in any country other then ours. They aren't hidden because of their ideas; they're hidden because the media decides that if you aren't a Clinton or a Bush or a big state governer, that your ideas aren't valuable. Our so called "fourth branch" of the government has completely failed us. They don't report on elections; they try to predict and decide them. Paul is a great candidate, just like Kucinich and Gravel, but their ideas can't be heard while our source of information is a corporate, cash-driven machine.
Malcolm Gladwell teaches "Get over yourself and get to work" for Big Think Edge.
- Learn to recognize failure and know the big difference between panicking and choking.
- At Big Think Edge, Malcolm Gladwell teaches how to check your inner critic and get clear on what failure is.
- Subscribe to Big Think Edge before we launch on March 30 to get 20% off monthly and annual memberships.
It's one of the most consistent patterns in the unviverse. What causes it?
- Spinning discs are everywhere – just look at our solar system, the rings of Saturn, and all the spiral galaxies in the universe.
- Spinning discs are the result of two things: The force of gravity and a phenomenon in physics called the conservation of angular momentum.
- Gravity brings matter together; the closer the matter gets, the more it accelerates – much like an ice skater who spins faster and faster the closer their arms get to their body. Then, this spinning cloud collapses due to up and down and diagonal collisions that cancel each other out until the only motion they have in common is the spin – and voila: A flat disc.
Both panoramic and detailed, this infographic manages to show both the size and distribution of world religions.
- At a glance, this map shows both the size and distribution of world religions.
- See how religions mix at both national and regional level.
- There's one country in the Americas without a Christian majority – which?
Do you have a magnetic compass in your head?
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.