Re: Why is Heavy Metal not respected?
Heavy Metal is not respected because of the bitter truth of Societal Situations; Fear, Death and Suffering presented to the listener in a calculable, protesting, distorting, gravitating and (most times) aggressive way. Generally, people believe in good intentions and will cast out (not support) Fear, Death and Suffering ideas to fit their choice (hence the dis-respect).
I respect heavy metal for confidently encouraging individuals to protest the need to acknowledge and include the shadow - the space to bring light.
New research links urban planning and political polarization.
- Canadian researchers find that excessive reliance on cars changes political views.
- Decades of car-centric urban planning normalized unsustainable lifestyles.
- People who prefer personal comfort elect politicians who represent such views.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- Why can't we have a human-sized cat tree?
- What would happen if you got a spoonful of a neutron star?
- Why do we insist on dividing our wonderfully complex selves into boring little boxes
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.