Re: Why is American youth drawn to religion?
I personally am not a large participator in religion. I can't consider many religions as logical and plausible, it's just not how im set.
However I do have a good theory of why American youth are drawn to religion. There's actually a few reasons.
The first is family. Many families are Roman Catholic and the new generations are raised with it and either accept it or feel they are responsible to carry on the family tradition. I am a confirmed Roman Catholic but I only did so at the time cause I felt it was my responsibility, not my "unwavering" faith in "God". Other youths are brought up with it and accept it and really do believe in their family religion.
My second reason would be safety and the "there's something after this hell-hole" perspective. Think about it. Earth isn't currently the most friendly place and there must be something more. This would be the mentality of plenty religious youth. Conciously or subconciously. The reason they like religion so much would be that it gives them something to believe in. I will admit it would be a good therapeutic process. I started going to church for about a month only for the sense of the security. When your in church it's like the world outside doesn't exist.
Upvote/downvote each of the videos below!
As you vote, keep in mind that we are looking for a winner with the most engaging social venture pitch - an idea you would want to invest in.
Here are 7 often-overlooked World Heritage Sites, each with its own history.
- UNESCO World Heritage Sites are locations of high value to humanity, either for their cultural, historical, or natural significance.
- Some are even designated as World Heritage Sites because humans don't go there at all, while others have felt the effects of too much human influence.
- These 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites each represent an overlooked or at-risk facet of humanity's collective cultural heritage.
A new study shows that some men's reaction to sex is not what you'd expect, resulting in a condition previously observed in women.
A new method promises to capture an elusive dark world particle.
- Scientists working on the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) devised a method for trapping dark matter particles.
- Dark matter is estimated to take up 26.8% of all matter in the Universe.
- The researchers will be able to try their approach in 2021, when the LHC goes back online.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.