Re: Why is America in denial about the origins of the world's anti American bias
I can tell from personal experience that a lack of self awareness can be
very dangerous. I imagine that our national lack of self awareness is now
bearing fruit. We live our life of luxury at the expense of the countries we exploit.
Yes, even the somewhat less fortunate in this country live a comparable life of luxury.
I do not condone acts of terrorism and abhor violence. Though, I do, if looking from
the perspective of a citizen of a country we've plundered, see how we could be seen
as the evil-doers. There is real cause for the anti-American sentiment that exists
in the world today. If we don't take a good hard look at the way we conduct ourselves
we may live to regret it immensely.
A federal judge ruled that the Trump administration likely violated the reporter's Fifth Amendment rights when it stripped his press credentials earlier this month.
- Acosta will be allowed to return to the White House on Friday.
- The judge described the ruling as narrow, and didn't rule one way or the other on violations of the First Amendment.
- The case is still open, and the administration may choose to appeal the ruling.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
New research identifies an unexpected source for some of earth's water.
- A lot of Earth's water is asteroidal in origin, but some of it may come from dissolved solar nebula gas.
- Our planet hides majority of its water inside: two oceans in the mantle and 4–5 in the core.
- New reason to suspect that water is abundant throughout the universe.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.