Re: Why does foreign aid fail?
I think many of us know that much of the money donated never reaches those who need it. While it is understandable that those working full time in charitable organisations need to be paid, it is a sad fact that they often earn much more than the average wage. Perhaps it is time for laws to be passed regarding the wages of charity workers, it would mean that those who donate are not wasting their money and that those who the money is for recieve most of what is donated.
- The EAST reactor was able to heat hydrogen to temperatures exceeding 100 million degrees Celsius.
- Nuclear fusion could someday provide the planet with a virtually limitless supply of clean energy.
- During the Vietnam War, Robert McNamara began a program called Project 100,000.
- Women and nonwhite candidates made record gains in the 2018 midterms.
- In total, almost half of the newly elected Congressional representatives are not white men.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.