Re: Where do you go to find inspiration?
The key for me is not a specific place, but that the place allow opportunity for uninterrupted thought. It's hard to hear the answers, if we can't even ask the questions.
That place may be a busy diner, or the middle of the woods, but I think we all have to have time to be with ourselves in order to find inspiration.
I sometimes need a change of scenery from my own living room. There's something about "newness" that makes my brain go in different directions.
I often get inspiration while driving. It engages the logical part of the brain, allowing the creative part to drift and meander and invent.
Journaling can help you materialize your ambitions.
- Organizing your thoughts can help you plan and achieve goals that might otherwise seen unobtainable.
- The Bullet Journal method, in particular, can reduce clutter in your life by helping you visualize your future.
- One way to view your journal might be less of a narrative and more of a timeline of decisions.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
New research links urban planning and political polarization.
- Canadian researchers find that excessive reliance on cars changes political views.
- Decades of car-centric urban planning normalized unsustainable lifestyles.
- People who prefer personal comfort elect politicians who represent such views.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.