Re: What will stop the dollar from falling?
Currency values are based on emotions of speculators. There are no rules as in physics or chemistry. There are no measures of currency quantities that determine a rise or fall.
The euro involves great debts and deficits -- some much worse than for dollars. So too for the yen, which is the currency of a nation totally devoid of resources.
Dollars have fallen because of emotions.
To stop the fall, emotions have to improve re America, or the entire world has to move towards a rational single world currency. If we imagined a single world currency, it would be massing up inside countries with a favorable trade balance. They could use their amassing quantities of money to buy things or to hoard.
That would demonstrate what happens when a nation sells more than it buys.
Right now, some speculators bid up currencies based on imagining and measuring each country's outflow and inflow. The outlook for dollars and euros is bleak, but euros rise anyway. The real mystery is the rise of euros.
Pfizer's partnerships strengthen their ability to deliver vaccines in developing countries.
- Community healthcare workers face many challenges in their work, including often traveling far distances to see their clients
- Pfizer is helping to drive the UN's sustainable development goals through partnerships.
- Pfizer partnered with AMP and the World Health Organization to develop a training program for healthcare workers.
Orangutans join humans and bees in a very exclusive club
- Orangutan mothers wait to sound a danger alarm to avoid tipping off predators to their location
- It took a couple of researchers crawling around the Sumatran jungle to discover the phenomenon
- This ability may come from a common ancestor
The definition of a kilogram will now be fixed to Planck's constant, a fundamental part of quantum physics.
- The new definition of a kilogram is based on a physical constant in quantum physics.
- Unlike the current definition of a kilogram, this measurement will never change.
- Scientists also voted to update the definitions of several other measurements in physics.
Journaling can help you materialize your ambitions.
- Organizing your thoughts can help you plan and achieve goals that might otherwise seen unobtainable.
- The Bullet Journal method, in particular, can reduce clutter in your life by helping you visualize your future.
- One way to view your journal might be less of a narrative and more of a timeline of decisions.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.