Re: What makes a great leader?
I agree with the idea that the ability to forgive and forget the bitter times of the past is a great attribute and talent for a leader to have, but this alone does not create a leader. Many sympathetic and shy people are very good at doing this, I believe, even though they are not leaders. I don't see much evidence as to why the U2 singer makes a good world leader. He certainly is an interesting soul considering the international presence he has, but what about his works or personality make him a world leader? I was not able to draw out a reason for this from the video.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
The Harvard psychologist loves reading authors' rules for writing. Here are his own.
- Steven Pinker is many things: linguist, psychologist, optimist, Harvard professor, and author.
- When it comes to writing, he's a student and a teacher.
- Here's are his 13 rules for writing better, more simply, and more clearly.
Thinking your life is worthwhile is correlated with a variety of positive outcomes.
- Adults who felt their lives were worthwhile tended to be more social and had healthier habits.
- The findings could be used to help improve the health of older adults.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.