Re: What makes a great leader?
I agree with the idea that the ability to forgive and forget the bitter times of the past is a great attribute and talent for a leader to have, but this alone does not create a leader. Many sympathetic and shy people are very good at doing this, I believe, even though they are not leaders. I don't see much evidence as to why the U2 singer makes a good world leader. He certainly is an interesting soul considering the international presence he has, but what about his works or personality make him a world leader? I was not able to draw out a reason for this from the video.
Malcolm Gladwell teaches "Get over yourself and get to work" for Big Think Edge.
- Learn to recognize failure and know the big difference between panicking and choking.
- At Big Think Edge, Malcolm Gladwell teaches how to check your inner critic and get clear on what failure is.
Can sensitive coral reefs survive another human generation?
They didn't know it, but the rituals of Iron Age Scandinavians turned their iron into steel.
- Iron Age Scandinavians only had access to poor quality iron, which put them at a tactical disadvantage against their neighbors.
- To strengthen their swords, smiths used the bones of their dead ancestors and animals, hoping to transfer the spirit into their blades.
- They couldn't have known that in so doing, they actually were forging a rudimentary form of steel.
Michael Dowling, Northwell Health's CEO, believes we're entering the age of smart medicine.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.