Re: What is your definition of God? 100 words or less.
How do you define something that is generally excepted as undefinable? That would be a great question. Honestly, I would like to think that I have a good answer to this question but it would be so hard to try and put soemthing that is so huge on a minute scale. If you try and define something then that makes it more real and on your level but God or Buddha or Allah or whatever is incredible and giant that taking it apart bit by bit would make it something that would be equal to any one of us so then there would be nothing "all powerful" or something like that to believe in. Humans have an innate need to believe in something, even Atheists, if we didn't, life wouldn't be pretty. So with that, I decline defining god because I find it to be impossible and honestly to be a very irrational thing to do because it could destroy belief, not religion, belief which is the very basis of our existence. Incidently, if this makes no sense, I apologize, but I think I did a pretty good job.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
The Canadian professor has an extensive collection posted on his site.
- Peterson's Great Books list features classics by Orwell, Jung, Huxley, and Dostoevsky.
- Categories include literature, neuroscience, religion, and systems analysis.
- Having recently left Patreon for "freedom of speech" reasons, Peterson is taking direct donations through Paypal (and Bitcoin).
Evolution doesn't clean up after itself very well.
- An evolutionary biologist got people swapping ideas about our lingering vestigia.
- Basically, this is the stuff that served some evolutionary purpose at some point, but now is kind of, well, extra.
- Here are the six traits that inaugurated the fun.
Despite incredible economic growth, it is not necessarily an investor's paradise.
- China's stock market is just 27 years old. It's economy has grown 30x over that time.
- Imagine if you had invested early and gotten in on the ground floor.
- Actually, you would have lost money. Here's how that's possible.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.