Re: What is the world's biggest challenge in the coming decade?
I think that Peter Thiel has a lot of knowledge about finance and what's going on in the global economy and I hope his optimism is well informed and well placed.
Myself, I remain neutral at the moment because I do not think, from the information I'm synthesizing, that the fundamentals of our world can remain unchanged for much longer.
Damned if we do, damned if we don't? For sure. Change is around the corner: it can be the controlled, conscious change brought about by resourceful, effective people or an uncontrolled spiraling out of control.
The biggest challenge? Health and Education: Healthy people make healthy choices and informed people make informed choices. The challenge will be to enable people to become healthy and educated -- in the United States, this fundamental area will trump energy as a problem.
Giving our solar system a "slap in the face."
- A stream of galactic debris is hurtling at us, pulling dark matter along with it
- It's traveling so quickly it's been described as a hurricane of dark matter
- Scientists are excited to set their particle detectors at the onslffaught
Once again, our circadian rhythm points the way.
- Seven individuals were locked inside a windowless, internetless room for 37 days.
- While at rest, they burned 130 more calories at 5 p.m. than at 5 a.m.
- Morning time again shown not to be the best time to eat.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.