Re: What is the Future of the Music Industry?
I am sure that CDs will not disappear anytime soon. On the other hand, the music industry is quickly become less and less profitable, if not for the the recording companies, then for the retail outlets through which they sell them. I have personal experience with the latter. Many, many people are losing their jobs, and I see the future of the music industry as being more individually based in which artists create more of their own records and in which there is a general decentralization of the way in which people receive music. I see the hints of it starting today, as in Radiohead.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
We know the dangers of too little sleep. Now for the other side of the story.
- Western University researchers found that sleeping over eight hours per night results in cognitive decline.
- Oversleepers suffer similar difficulties on certain cognitive tests as those who sleep under seven hours.
- Not all the news is bad: One night of oversleeping results in a cognitive boost.
The ability to speak clearly, succinctly, and powerfully is easier than you think
The ability to communicate effectively can make or break a person's assessment of your intelligence, competence, and authenticity.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.