Re: What is the future of cancer research?
Expect cancer treatment to be 'smarter'. 1) With cancer genomics, routinely identifying the molecular lesions in individual patients will allow patient-optimized treatment. How mutations interact and how patients with unique combinations respond requires extensive research. 2) The cancer stem cell concept. To 'cure' cancer target the few aberrant stem cells (the seeds of cancer) rather than blindly reducing tumor mass. Distinguishing normal from cancer stem cells is a research 'hot topic'
Sharon Salzberg, world-renowned mindfulness leader, teaches meditation at Big Think Edge.
- Sharon Salzberg teaches mindfulness meditation for Big Think Edge.
The navigation tool has placed a school in the sea, among other things.
- Google has apologized for the sudden instability of its maps in Japan.
- Speculation on the latter option caused Zenrin shares to drop 16% last Friday.
- At a glance, this map shows both the size and distribution of world religions.
- See how religions mix at both national and regional level.
- There's one country in the Americas without a Christian majority – which?
A new computer model solves a pair of Jovian riddles.
- Also unexplained has been the pair of asteroid clusters in front of and behind Jupiter in its orbit.
- Putting the two questions together revealed the answer to both.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.