Re: What is the future of cancer research?
Expect cancer treatment to be 'smarter'. 1) With cancer genomics, routinely identifying the molecular lesions in individual patients will allow patient-optimized treatment. How mutations interact and how patients with unique combinations respond requires extensive research. 2) The cancer stem cell concept. To 'cure' cancer target the few aberrant stem cells (the seeds of cancer) rather than blindly reducing tumor mass. Distinguishing normal from cancer stem cells is a research 'hot topic'
Pfizer's partnerships strengthen their ability to deliver vaccines in developing countries.
- Community healthcare workers face many challenges in their work, including often traveling far distances to see their clients
- Pfizer is helping to drive the UN's sustainable development goals through partnerships.
- Pfizer partnered with AMP and the World Health Organization to develop a training program for healthcare workers.
The controversy around the Torah codes gets a new life
- Mathematicians claim to see a predictive pattern in the ancient Torah texts.
- The code is revealed by a method found with special computer software.
- Some events described by reading the code took place after the code was written.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
Orangutans join humans and bees in a very exclusive club
- Orangutan mothers wait to sound a danger alarm to avoid tipping off predators to their location
- It took a couple of researchers crawling around the Sumatran jungle to discover the phenomenon
- This ability may come from a common ancestor
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.