Re: What is religion and who is right?
I taught my children a simple definition: Religion is human-made; spirtuality is from God.
More precisely, religion is the human interpretation of things not cpable of being known or completely understood in this existence. No wonder why there is so much division and untold alternative views.
Spirituality is that essence of ourselves and all we experience within our existence, that does not need to be perceived, rationalized nor justified. Let go of pride and continue to learn and absorb in your humbleness.
Dozens of mummified cats were dug up this week. This isn't as shocking as you might think.
- Archaeologists in Egypt have found dozens of mummified cats in the tomb of a royal offical.
- The cats will join the ranks of hundreds of thousands of previously discovered ancient kitties.
- While the cats are nothing special, the tomb also held well preserved beetles.
They're at a higher risk for depression, weekend binge drinking, and unnecessary dieting.
- Body dysmorphia is not limited to women, a new study from Norway and Cambridge shows.
- Young men that focus on building muscle are at risk for a host of mental and physical health problems.
- Selfie culture is not helping the growing number of teens that are anxious and depressed.
How poor work practices turn us all into remote workers.
- Technology's supposed interconnectivity doesn't breed human interaction, and has instead made many workers feel less happy and less productive.
- Using email rather than walking over to someone's desk and having face-to-face time is a major culprit. Inter-office messaging apps can also make employees feel more distant from their co-workers.
- Can the tech companies who created this issue turn workplace isolation around, or is this the new normal?
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.