Re: What is religion and who is right?
As to who's right .... i'd say agnostics have the best argument because they say every one is right or wrong including themself.
The simple reason that i dont believe science and religon cannot co-exist is that believing religon is right prevents us from looking for the truth. i would rather not know what existed befor the big bang and what caused it and all the complexities rather than say that god caused it, saying god casued it explains nothing creates alot of questions.
I'm not saying that religon and science cannot exist to gether at all, simply that religon should not try to stop science by claiming dogma as truth.
International poker champion Liv Boeree teaches decision-making for Big Think Edge.
The way that you think about stress can actually transform the effect that it has on you – and others.
- Stress is contagious, and the higher up in an organization you are the more your stress will be noticed and felt by others.
- Kelly McGonigal teaches "Reset your mindset to reduce stress" for Big Think Edge.
- Subscribe to Big Think Edge before we launch on March 30 to get 20% off monthly and annual memberships.
Tracking project establishes northern Argentina is wintering ground of Swainson's hawks
- Watch these six dots move across the map and be moved yourself: this is a story about coming of age, discovery, hardship, death and survival.
- Each dot is a tag attached to the talon of a Swainson's Hawk. We follow them on their very first migration, from northern California all the way down to Argentina.
- After one year, only one is still alive.
These quick bursts of inspiration will brighten your day in 10 minutes or less.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.