Re: what is our purpose?
Our purpose in life is to live and love, love and live. We watch flowers,crops,children, cities, grow. Grow being a red flag! Expansion is inevitable, as well as a necessity. It's when you lose your appreciation for which was given to us, that you lose your will to carry on. I am only 22 and I have seen what most twenty-somethings have only fathomed. However, as the saying goes "you reap what you sow." I personally believe, that we are our own master and we make choices. If you make bad choices you have to be held accountable. Hopefully said person learns from their mistakes, and then adjusts. Then you pass on knowledge to others in need. -socrates. jns
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Thinking your life is worthwhile is correlated with a variety of positive outcomes.
- A new study finds that adults who feel their lives are meaningful have better health and life outcomes.
- Adults who felt their lives were worthwhile tended to be more social and had healthier habits.
- The findings could be used to help improve the health of older adults.
Even when they suffer costs in doing so.
- It's commonly thought that the suppression of female sexuality is perpetuated by either men or women.
- In a new study, researchers used economics games to observe how both genders treat sexually-available women.
- The results suggests that both sexes punish female promiscuity, though for different reasons and different levels of intensity.
Jeff Bezos, the founder of Amazon.com, explains his plan for success.
- Jeff Bezos had a clear vision for Amazon.com from the start.
- He was inspired by a statistic he learned while working at a hedge fund: In the '90s, web usage was growing at 2,300% a year.
- Bezos explains why books, in particular, make for a perfect item to sell on the internet.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.