Re: What is it that Science accepts and Religion actively resists?
In my opinion Religon was formed to answer what cannot be understood at the time and to place a certain amount of control on scociaty (similar to laws). To maintain that control religons implicitly resist change (religon is far more all or nothing than science). e.g if it was proven jesus was not born of a virgin and the father was not god, alot of things in the bible would have to be reconsidered.
Science on the other hand encourages the finding of flaws in scientific theory and laws so we can understand why that flaw exists and to correct it.
Upvote/downvote each of the videos below!
Having these financial life skills can help you navigate challenging economic environments.
- Americans are swimming in increasingly higher amounts of debt, even the upper middle class.
- Here's some essential financial life skills needed to ensure your economic wellbeing.
When it comes to flirting, love meters have nothing on these researchers' findings.
- Smiling and eye contact are proven winners, while pick-up lines are a flirty fallacy.
Experts argue the jaws of an ancient European ape reveal a key human ancestor.
- The jaw bones of an 8-million-year-old ape were discovered at Nikiti, Greece, in the '90s.
- These fossils may change how we view the evolution of our species.
Rethinking humanity's origin story
Migrating out of Africa
Did we head east or south of Eden?
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.