Re: what are your ideas on God
I believe in God, but I also believe what science tells us. I really don't see why so many people think the two are incompatible; the Universe may have been created by the Big Bang, humans may have evolved from apes, (both of which I believe) but that doesn't mean that God isn't the cause of these events. God could well have used the Big Bang to create the Universe, and guided the steps of evolution. Just because something has a scientific explanation doesn't automatically mean that it wasn't caused by God. It's quite likely that God needs to play by the rules of his Universe, meaning that he needs to find a scientifically compatible way of doing things. A miracle is still a miracle, even if it is scientifically possible.
Upvote/downvote each of the videos below!
As you vote, keep in mind that we are looking for a winner with the most engaging social venture pitch - an idea you would want to invest in.
"Earth" features about 30 of the biggest names in entertainment.
- Lil Dicky is a rapper and comedian who released his debut album in 2015.
- His new music video, "Earth," features artists such as Justin Bieber, Ariana Grande, Ed Sheehan, Kevin Hart, and Leonardo DiCaprio.
- All proceeds of the music video will go to environmental causes, Dicky said.
We're talking Ghost in the Shell type of stuff.
Maybe you watched Ghost in the Shell and maybe afterwards you and your friend had a conversation about whether or not you would opt in for some bionic upgrades if that was possible - like a liver that could let you drink unlimitedly or an eye that could give you superhuman vision. And maybe you had differing opinions but you concluded that it's irrelevant because the time to make such choices is far in the future. Well, it turns out, it's two years away.
- A forensic artist in Scotland has made a hyper realistic model of an ancient dog.
- It was based on the skull of a dog dug up in Orkney, Scotland, which lived and died 4,000 years ago.
- The model gives us a glimpse of some of the first dogs humans befriended.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.