Re: What are today's big issues?
I think today's big issues depend on where you are in your life. If you're a boomer preparing to retire, social security and health care may be the primary issues; families with school age children may have our education system and affordable health care as main issues. If you are a young adult, genetically modified food and global warming may resonate more. But what is on my mind a lot is what will my country be like in the next 50 years. Terrorism or the fear of it, has already changed our lives radically, what's next? Can we find our balance between being a free society and a secure one?
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
Cosmologists propose a groundbreaking model of the universe using string theory.
- A new paper uses string theory to propose a new model of the universe.
- The researchers think our universe may be riding a bubble expanded by dark energy.
- All matter in the universe may exist in strings that reach into another dimension.
Evolution doesn't clean up after itself very well.
- An evolutionary biologist got people swapping ideas about our lingering vestigia.
- Here are the six traits that inaugurated the fun.
Even some teachers suffer from anxiety about math.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.