Re: What are the top 10 greatest rock and roll bands of all time?
I am 61, and have been listening to "rock" or "pop" or "alternative" for 50 years. I still buy music, and have seen the Cure, Arcade Fire and Radiohead live over the past few years. Needless to say, I have given this a lot of thought. My answer follows.
In a class by themselves, and roughly equal in my opinion, are the three already named. Each of them, in their turn, brought into existence a whole new sub-genre of our music. (It is a measure of AF's greatness, in my opinion, that I can include them after two albums.)
Following the "big three", in rough chronological order, are: a) the Doors; b) Pink Floyd; c) Roxy Music; d) the Clash; e) Joy Division; f) Ride; g) Placebo; and h) Interpol.
And yes, I know there are 11 named.
Understanding thinking talents in yourself and others can build strong teams and help avoid burnout.
- Learn to collaborate within a team and identify "thinking talent" surpluses – and shortages.
- Angie McArthur teaches intelligent collaboration for Big Think Edge.
Does believing in true love make people act like jerks?
- Ghosting, or cutting off all contact suddenly with a romantic partner, is not nice.
- Growth-oriented people (who think relationships are made, not born) do not appreciate it.
- Destiny-oriented people (who believe in soulmates) are more likely to be okay with ghosting.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.