Re: What are the top 10 greatest rock and roll bands of all time?
I am 61, and have been listening to "rock" or "pop" or "alternative" for 50 years. I still buy music, and have seen the Cure, Arcade Fire and Radiohead live over the past few years. Needless to say, I have given this a lot of thought. My answer follows.
In a class by themselves, and roughly equal in my opinion, are the three already named. Each of them, in their turn, brought into existence a whole new sub-genre of our music. (It is a measure of AF's greatness, in my opinion, that I can include them after two albums.)
Following the "big three", in rough chronological order, are: a) the Doors; b) Pink Floyd; c) Roxy Music; d) the Clash; e) Joy Division; f) Ride; g) Placebo; and h) Interpol.
And yes, I know there are 11 named.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
A completely unexpected discovery beneath the ice.
- Scientists find remains of a tardigrade and crustaceans in a deep, frozen Antarctic lake.
- The creatures' origin is unknown, and further study is ongoing.
- Biology speaks up about Antarctica's history.
Bushier eyebrows are associated with higher levels of narcissism, according to new research.
- Science has provided an excellent clue for identifying the narcissists among us.
- Eyebrows are crucial to recognizing identities.
- The study provides insight into how we process faces and our latent ability to detect toxic people.
It's one factor that can help explain the religiosity gap.
- Sociologists have long observed a gap between the religiosity of men and women.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.