Re: What are the top 10 greatest rock and roll bands of all time?
I am 61, and have been listening to "rock" or "pop" or "alternative" for 50 years. I still buy music, and have seen the Cure, Arcade Fire and Radiohead live over the past few years. Needless to say, I have given this a lot of thought. My answer follows.
In a class by themselves, and roughly equal in my opinion, are the three already named. Each of them, in their turn, brought into existence a whole new sub-genre of our music. (It is a measure of AF's greatness, in my opinion, that I can include them after two albums.)
Following the "big three", in rough chronological order, are: a) the Doors; b) Pink Floyd; c) Roxy Music; d) the Clash; e) Joy Division; f) Ride; g) Placebo; and h) Interpol.
And yes, I know there are 11 named.
A new study estimated the untapped potential of wind energy across Europe.
French newspapers report that the trial hasn't lived up to expectations.
- The French government initially invested in a rural solar roadway in 2016.
- French newspapers report that the trial hasn't lived up to expectations.
- Solar panel "paved" roadways are proving to be inefficient and too expensive.
You want one. Now you may be able to survive one.
Photo credit: Jie Zhao / Getty contributor
- Cats live in a quarter of Western households.
- Allergies to them are common and can be dangerous.
- A new approach targets the primary trouble-causing allergen.