Re: Time Travel Maybe
So why do people believe that is we travel at the rate the earth is spinning we will somehow travel in time? oh yeah Movies, thanks Superman. Time travel is most likely not possible, and if it was I do not believe it would have anything to do with traveling around the earth so fast that somehow time was effected, I believe the only thing that would happen is that one would get really dizzy really fast. If we remember our history at one point we all believed the earth was the center of the universe, and we were wrong, today we all believe that the earth is special because it is the only one (that we know of) with life on it. Someday I believe that thought will be a crazy as the world is flat. It is amazing to me that people believe the earth is so special, the only thing special about it is that we live on it, there is a great chance that there are thousands of planets just like ours in the Universe making this one no better than any of those other then we live on it. However it is possible that there is another way to travel in time?
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Is it "perverseness," the "death drive," or something else?
Eight-dimensional octonions may hold the clues to solve fundamental mysteries.
- Physicists discover complex numbers called octonions that work in 8 dimensions.
- The numbers have been found linked to fundamental forces of reality.
- Understanding octonions can lead to a new model of physics.
It's up to us humans to re-humanize our world. An economy that prioritizes growth and profits over humanity has led to digital platforms that "strip the topsoil" of human behavior, whole industries, and the planet, giving less and less back. And only we can save us.
- It's an all-hands-on-deck moment in the arc of civilization.
- Everyone has a choice: Do you want to try to earn enough money to insulate yourself from the world you're creating— or do you want to make the world a place you don't have to insulate yourself from?
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.