Re: The Truth of Abortion
I think the argument about abortion is stuck in the wrong place. People argue about weather the fetus is a person or not. But philosophicaly speaking that is irrelevant. Lets supose a fetus is a person. There is nothing that obligates one person to sacrifice anything, or even do anything without sacrifice to save another person.
This is a scenario i read in a philosophy book but i dont recall who proposed it. Lets say that a violinsts kidneys are faling, and you are the ounly person in the world whos kindneys are compatible with the violinist, so you agree to help. They plug you into the violinists and tell you that you have to stay in bed next to him for nine month while herecovers so your kidneys can keep him alive. Would you say that you are infact obligated to stay pluged in even if you change your mind and decide to leave? The paralel wih abortion is i hope clear. Abortion is not one human beingkiling anothe, is one human being refusing to make sacrafices to suport the life of another. Though it may be unadmirable, should we not a reasoning beings be able to chose weather we want to or do not want to suport other human beings with our bodies.
I also have a response for those who may say that its the womans own fault that she go pregnat therfore she is resposible for the kid. I wont go into it now if someone asks i will post it in comments.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
A growing body of research shows promising signs that the keto diet might be able to improve mental health.
- The keto diet is known to be an effective tool for weight loss, however its effects on mental health remain largely unclear.
- Recent studies suggests that the keto diet might be an effective tool for treating depression, and clearing up so-called "brain fog," though scientists caution more research is necessary before it can be recommended as a treatment.
- Any experiments with the keto diet are best done in conjunction with a doctor, considering some people face problems when transitioning to the low-carb diet.
The Harvard psychologist loves reading authors' rules for writing. Here are his own.
- Steven Pinker is many things: linguist, psychologist, optimist, Harvard professor, and author.
- When it comes to writing, he's a student and a teacher.
- Here's are his 13 rules for writing better, more simply, and more clearly.
Thinking your life is worthwhile is correlated with a variety of positive outcomes.
- A new study finds that adults who feel their lives are meaningful have better health and life outcomes.
- Adults who felt their lives were worthwhile tended to be more social and had healthier habits.
- The findings could be used to help improve the health of older adults.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.