Re: The Poverty of Atheism: The Argument From Hitler
The notion of conscience seems meaningless without Faith in God. It becomes just a sociological fear of what the neighbors would say if they knew. Those "Xtians" who did Hitlers and Stalins bidding were not Xtians, clearly, when put to the test. By definiton they did not make the grade. Most atheists are theologically naive, what they reject is what only the naive believe, and quite understandably. If only they knew better, then they might find the faith and even perhaps the grace.
- The meaning of the word 'confidence' seems obvious. But it's not the same as self-esteem.
- Confidence isn't just a feeling on your inside. It comes from taking action in the world.
- Join Big Think Edge today and learn how to achieve more confidence when and where it really matters.
The team caught a glimpse of a process that takes 18,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 years.
- In Italy, a team of scientists is using a highly sophisticated detector to hunt for dark matter.
The controversial herbicide is everywhere, apparently.
- A jury on August 2018 awarded a non-Hodgkin's lymphoma victim $289 million in Roundup damages.
- Bayer/Monsanto says Roundup is totally safe. Others disagree.
Some back story
A Dunbar Correlation
Professor Dunbar's response:
Friendship, kinship and limitations
Gray matter matters
There is an eclectic list of reasons why compassion may collapse, irrespective of sheer numbers:
In the end
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.