Re: The Next Big Thing
The next big thing in consumer gadgetry will come when someone figures out how easy it is to turn an iPhone into a hearing-aid. Just add a user-friendly equalizer to the touch-screen and incorporate some simple electronics to shape the output waveforms. In fact this is all so obvious, I'm surprised that it wasn't the 'next big thing' a few years back.
- Patients from low-income neighborhoods are most at risk of negative health impacts.
- But increased longevity is a cause for celebration, says Ashton Applewhite, not doom and gloom.
- A new concentrated solar plant is under construction in Dubai.
- When it opens next year, it will be the largest plant of its kind on Earth.
- The research raises many ethical questions and puts to the test our current understanding of death.
What's dead may never die, it seems
An ethical gray matter
The dilemma is unprecedented.
Setting new boundaries
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.