Re: the morals of an Atheist
I am not an atheist neither am i affiliated with any religion, but you ask how can an antheist be morally guided if he does not appeal to a higer power and i answer: morals are nothin but laws (laws in the sense of gravity for instance) that humans must abide by to live in social harmony with those around them. Morals are not subjective but objective. Morality would still be present with out a God. It would still be wrong to kill if there was no God. You frighten me in the sense that you say that if it werent for a god u wud be a wild baby killing money stealin heroin shooting adulterating animal.
New research links urban planning and political polarization.
- Canadian researchers find that excessive reliance on cars changes political views.
- Decades of car-centric urban planning normalized unsustainable lifestyles.
- People who prefer personal comfort elect politicians who represent such views.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
Science and the squishiness of the human mind. The joys of wearing whatever the hell you want, and so much more.
- Why can't we have a human-sized cat tree?
- What would happen if you got a spoonful of a neutron star?
- Why do we insist on dividing our wonderfully complex selves into boring little boxes
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.