Re: the morals of an Atheist
I am not an atheist neither am i affiliated with any religion, but you ask how can an antheist be morally guided if he does not appeal to a higer power and i answer: morals are nothin but laws (laws in the sense of gravity for instance) that humans must abide by to live in social harmony with those around them. Morals are not subjective but objective. Morality would still be present with out a God. It would still be wrong to kill if there was no God. You frighten me in the sense that you say that if it werent for a god u wud be a wild baby killing money stealin heroin shooting adulterating animal.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Cosmologists propose a groundbreaking model of the universe using string theory.
- A new paper uses string theory to propose a new model of the universe.
- The researchers think our universe may be riding a bubble expanded by dark energy.
- All matter in the universe may exist in strings that reach into another dimension.
Evolution doesn't clean up after itself very well.
- An evolutionary biologist got people swapping ideas about our lingering vestigia.
- Basically, this is the stuff that served some evolutionary purpose at some point, but now is kind of, well, extra.
- Here are the six traits that inaugurated the fun.
Even some teachers suffer from anxiety about math.
I teach people how to teach math, and I've been working in this field for 30 years. Across those decades, I've met many people who suffer from varying degrees of math trauma – a form of debilitating mental shutdown when it comes to doing mathematics.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.