Re: The Income Gap
Extend opportunity globally, yes. But income disparity in America is also great. About 10% of households have a million-dollar net worth. The rest are looking in.
In my survey of 3,714 U.S. households for my book, "The Middle-Class Millionaire," 73% of the middle-class sample (3,128) said "thinking like a millionaire" is important to financial success. 2% of self-made millionaires, or Middle-Class Millionaires, agreed.
On the other hand, "Obtaining ownership" was valued by 65% of Middle-Class Millionaires vs. 28% of the middle-class and "Being Machiavellian" was seen as a key to being financially successful by 48% of Middle-Class Millionaires, whereas only 21% of the middle-class agreed.
A federal judge ruled that the Trump administration likely violated the reporter's Fifth Amendment rights when it stripped his press credentials earlier this month.
- Acosta will be allowed to return to the White House on Friday.
- The judge described the ruling as narrow, and didn't rule one way or the other on violations of the First Amendment.
- The case is still open, and the administration may choose to appeal the ruling.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
New research identifies an unexpected source for some of earth's water.
- A lot of Earth's water is asteroidal in origin, but some of it may come from dissolved solar nebula gas.
- Our planet hides majority of its water inside: two oceans in the mantle and 4–5 in the core.
- New reason to suspect that water is abundant throughout the universe.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.