Re: The Importance of the word
First, it should have nothing to do with the "english" language. That in itself is a limitation. "I" is where an individual comes from. The best of humanity has not been about "I" it has been self-sacrificing and about what is beyond the incredible limitation of "I."
Exactly because so many are limited by believing "I" is most important as opposed to striving to grow beyond and becoming more and more synergistic with our universe or existence in totality. We see what is rationalized as the "ME" generation rearing it's ugly-head now and then, and yet the "best" of those age 7 - 36 prove that is it is much more than having to do with "I."
If early humans had only been about "I," well...there wouldn't be very many of us around now.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
A completely unexpected discovery beneath the ice.
- Scientists find remains of a tardigrade and crustaceans in a deep, frozen Antarctic lake.
- The creatures' origin is unknown, and further study is ongoing.
- Biology speaks up about Antarctica's history.
Jeff Bezos, the founder of Amazon.com, explains his plan for success.
- Jeff Bezos had a clear vision for Amazon.com from the start.
- Bezos explains why books, in particular, make for a perfect item to sell on the internet.
It's one factor that can help explain the religiosity gap.
- Sociologists have long observed a gap between the religiosity of men and women.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.