Re: the Humanities
A central issue in today's society is our diminishing ability to communicate with each other. Text messaging starts at an early age. In some instances, technology teaches kids to speak in abbreviations. Responses become standard versions from some extended multiple choice list.
Art and literature help us learn to think and express ourselves, an important aspect in interpersonal relations and conflict resolution. If we have more emphasis on an environment rich in language and free association art (as opposed to coloring inside the lines) beginning in the preschool years, by the time these young students reach college they will still have a hunger for learning as opposed to career training and society will be better served.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
- A new report by Oxfam argues that wealth inequality is causing poverty and misery around the world.
Evolution doesn't clean up after itself very well.
- An evolutionary biologist got people swapping ideas about our lingering vestigia.
- Here are the six traits that inaugurated the fun.
- Facebook and Google began as companies with supposedly noble purposes.
- But pressure to return value to shareholders came at the expense of their own users.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.