Re: the Humanities
Interesting it is called the Humanities
To be Human is more than mathematics, people need to Think more and the only way to do this is to get/read/hear diverse opinions from diverse view points as provided in the 'lofty' works, if we believe that our viewpoint is the only way things should be 'seen', we can't make an informed descision and we wonder why others are upset.
- Patients from low-income neighborhoods are most at risk of negative health impacts.
- The plan would forgive the debt held by more than 30 million Americans.
- The research raises many ethical questions and puts to the test our current understanding of death.
What's dead may never die, it seems
An ethical gray matter
The dilemma is unprecedented.
Setting new boundaries
In most states, LGBTQ Americans have no legal protections against discrimination in the workplace.
- The Supreme Court will decide whether the Civil Rights Act of 1964 also applies to gay and transgender people.
- The court, which currently has a probable conservative majority, will likely decide on the cases in 2020.
- Only 21 states and the District of Columbia have passed laws effectively extending the Civil Rights of 1964 to gay and transgender people.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.