Re: The hedge fund industry is a bouillabaisse of strategies, or is it?
Geez I thought hedge funds were a compensation class, not an asset class. In mathematics the term Non-linear was in vogue for people wanting to look sophisticated. In reality most math is non-linear. Defining hedge funds as an asset class is a bit like defining a group such as all animals that aren't elephants. Cluster and style analysis etc. are all useful tools for FoF managers to justify fees. True exposure to a risk class shows up when the extreme event hits and all correlations hit -1 or 1. Then one can see if they were truly "hedged." Disclosure: I am in the business, I just haven't had enough of the Kool-aid yet.
- The meaning of the word 'confidence' seems obvious. But it's not the same as self-esteem.
- Confidence isn't just a feeling on your inside. It comes from taking action in the world.
- Join Big Think Edge today and learn how to achieve more confidence when and where it really matters.
- The research raises many ethical questions and puts to the test our current understanding of death.
What's dead may never die, it seems
An ethical gray matter
The dilemma is unprecedented.
Setting new boundaries
A space memorial company plans to launch the ashes of "Pikachu," a well-loved Tabby, into space.
- Steve Munt, Pikachu's owner, created a GoFundMe page to raise money for the mission.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.