Re: The Growing Income Gap
regarding what David Patrick Columbia said about the growing gap in income in america; I would have to of course agree with the fact the it is a growing issue as a very poor american, I myself have been homeless and without. I just cannot believe that for one our government allows these atrocities to occur but further more that the people themselves don't do anything. I do not understand at all personally, that I can live in the same state as Bill Gates but can be starving and left in the cold with no available shelters and with no available food or clothing, guess what I am an American and I have one pair of shoes that sucks water into themselves and I have nothing better I can get. There are church run programs with donations, but guess what I am a 6 ft. tall woman. I have size 12 shoes. So I guess I must have been born wrong, oops sorry I meant to be born smaller so I can find free clothing for myself, but I cannot. I have a five year old son that cannot afford to go to preschool even the state funded programs won't even drive him home, oh but they'll pick him up in the morning they just don't drive your children back and if you are past a point of poverty and have no car they cannot come. He needs it my son will be behind in school when he starts, I try and try to work on it with him but thats as much as I can do. Thanks America, thanks Bill Gates. Actually nevermind FK you! Am I allowed to display contempt? I mean nothing more. This is what america does for us. Shouldn't our super rich be helping us? If they don't think so I think atleast someone with some sense should step in and make that a realization. Since this is a democratic nation that should be us the people. Just promise me anyone reading this that you actually will vote. But alas as if that will help anything. The folly of our belief in our government is that they have been lying to us through thier teeth since they found a way how to....MONEY:'(
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
It's up to us humans to re-humanize our world. An economy that prioritizes growth and profits over humanity has led to digital platforms that "strip the topsoil" of human behavior, whole industries, and the planet, giving less and less back. And only we can save us.
- It's an all-hands-on-deck moment in the arc of civilization.
- Everyone has a choice: Do you want to try to earn enough money to insulate yourself from the world you're creating— or do you want to make the world a place you don't have to insulate yourself from?
A growing body of research shows promising signs that the keto diet might be able to improve mental health.
- The keto diet is known to be an effective tool for weight loss, however its effects on mental health remain largely unclear.
- Recent studies suggests that the keto diet might be an effective tool for treating depression, and clearing up so-called "brain fog," though scientists caution more research is necessary before it can be recommended as a treatment.
- Any experiments with the keto diet are best done in conjunction with a doctor, considering some people face problems when transitioning to the low-carb diet.
Upload your mind? Here's a reality check on the Singularity.
- Though computer engineers claim to know what human consciousness is, many neuroscientists say that we're nowhere close to understanding what it is, or its source.
- Scientists are currently trying to upload human minds to silicon chips, or re-create consciousness with algorithms, but this may be hubristic because we still know so little about what it means to be human.
- Is transhumanism a journey forward or an escape from reality?
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.