Re: The Candidates and Their Cabinets
...a little more about that question. Richardson could be a good running mate for Obama but not for Clinton. A Clinton/Richardson ticket would look like a Pres. Clinton admin. rerun and that has already been a problem for her. Clinton could call on Sen. Bayh of IN or Former Gov. Warner of VA as running mates--both of them thought about running and both are young and from states where Democratic support is hard to come by statewide. Former Gov. Tom Vilsack of IA was the first to withdraw--he could be a possibility. On the Republican side: Huckabee could position himself as a VP candidate, if things don't keep going his way. He would balance McCain well. I can't see him playing second string to Romney or Guiliani but politics are politics. A killer ticket could be either McCain/Huckabee or Huckabee/Thompson. Both would satisfy almost every element of the party. There is a solid balance of conservative domestic ideology and foreign policy know how. If the Dems. are smart they will go for that combination as well: Obama/Edwards would be good but potentially week. Getting Biden or Dodd back in the race as a VP nominee would look good for their experience but I don't see either of them ticketing with Clinton.
A federal judge ruled that the Trump administration likely violated the reporter's Fifth Amendment rights when it stripped his press credentials earlier this month.
- Acosta will be allowed to return to the White House on Friday.
- The judge described the ruling as narrow, and didn't rule one way or the other on violations of the First Amendment.
- The case is still open, and the administration may choose to appeal the ruling.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
The definition of a kilogram will now be fixed to Planck's constant, a fundamental part of quantum physics.
- The new definition of a kilogram is based on a physical constant in quantum physics.
- Unlike the current definition of a kilogram, this measurement will never change.
- Scientists also voted to update the definitions of several other measurements in physics.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.