Re: THE ALMIGHTY QUESTION!
This has been known by many philosophers as a question with no answer, as long as we refer to a chicken egg not a generic egg (dinosaur eggs existed long before chickens).
If we say the chicken egg existed first then a chicken must have existed to lay it hence the chicken must exist first but how would it have been born except through a chicken egg.
With the concept of evolution however it could be concluded that the chicken egg came first, as the ancestral species of the chicken would have laid an egg which would hatch into a chicken. Even this is open to interpretation as it could be said that the egg is not a chicken egg but rather an egg of the species that laid it or it could be asked how we define a chicken.
Upvote/downvote each of the videos below!
Having these financial life skills can help you navigate challenging economic environments.
- Americans are swimming in increasingly higher amounts of debt, even the upper middle class.
- Here's some essential financial life skills needed to ensure your economic wellbeing.
An innovation may lead to lifelike evolving machines.
- Scientists at Cornell University devise a material with 3 key traits of life.
- The goal for the researchers is not to create life but lifelike machines.
- The researchers were able to program metabolism into the material's DNA.
Experts argue the jaws of an ancient European ape reveal a key human ancestor.
- The jaw bones of an 8-million-year-old ape were discovered at Nikiti, Greece, in the '90s.
- These fossils may change how we view the evolution of our species.
Rethinking humanity's origin story
Migrating out of Africa
Did we head east or south of Eden?
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.