Re: Stewards of the Earth
Stewards of the earth, a good expression. Cleaning the environment a good idea even if you don't believe in man made Global Warming. If you do believe in man made GW and think it going to get very bad whatever we do, we should act so it doesn't get even worse.
For a number of reasons, I believe 2008 will be a watershed year for the global warming debate. The arch denier will leave office, scientists will have had more time to study the results from the Calipso sattelite and the summer Arctic Ice melt picture will be a lot clearer.
Many on both sides of the arguement have made clear predictions for 2008.
A new study estimated the untapped potential of wind energy across Europe.
- A new report calculated how much electricity Europe could generate if it built onshore wind farms on all of its exploitable land.
- The results indicated that European onshore wind farms could supply the whole world with electricity from now until 2050.
- Wind farms come with a few complications, but the researchers noted that their study was meant to highlight the untapped potential of the renewable energy source in Europe.
French newspapers report that the trial hasn't lived up to expectations.
- The French government initially invested in a rural solar roadway in 2016.
- French newspapers report that the trial hasn't lived up to expectations.
- Solar panel "paved" roadways are proving to be inefficient and too expensive.
You want one. Now you may be able to survive one.
Photo credit: Jie Zhao / Getty contributor
- Cats live in a quarter of Western households.
- Allergies to them are common and can be dangerous.
- A new approach targets the primary trouble-causing allergen.