Re: Sam Harris: The Secular Fundamentalist
Sam, you lay out the first issue with religion - that so many are born into it and that is a sure accident. You could as easily be born Muslim as you could Christian, depending on where start your life. Your other idea that God has set us up for conflict with these different holy texts which claim to be the only valid religion, the others will burn in hell.
Do you think these are ideas which have been thought by many but not said in public due to fear?
- Patients from low-income neighborhoods are most at risk of negative health impacts.
- But increased longevity is a cause for celebration, says Ashton Applewhite, not doom and gloom.
- A new concentrated solar plant is under construction in Dubai.
- When it opens next year, it will be the largest plant of its kind on Earth.
- The research raises many ethical questions and puts to the test our current understanding of death.
What's dead may never die, it seems
An ethical gray matter
The dilemma is unprecedented.
Setting new boundaries
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.