Re: Sam Harris: The Secular Fundamentalist
Sam, you lay out the first issue with religion - that so many are born into it and that is a sure accident. You could as easily be born Muslim as you could Christian, depending on where start your life. Your other idea that God has set us up for conflict with these different holy texts which claim to be the only valid religion, the others will burn in hell.
Do you think these are ideas which have been thought by many but not said in public due to fear?
Giving our solar system a "slap in the face."
- A stream of galactic debris is hurtling at us, pulling dark matter along with it
- It's traveling so quickly it's been described as a hurricane of dark matter
- Scientists are excited to set their particle detectors at the onslffaught
The climate change we're witnessing is more dramatic than we might think.
Once again, our circadian rhythm points the way.
- Seven individuals were locked inside a windowless, internetless room for 37 days.
- While at rest, they burned 130 more calories at 5 p.m. than at 5 a.m.
- Morning time again shown not to be the best time to eat.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.