Re: Re: Will war between nations ever end?
Let's not forget that this era of cooperation and peace in Europe has only been around for about 60 years, virtually nothing in the context of human history. It may seem implausible to us now that the current world order should ever be upturned, just as it seemed utterly implausible to the average citizen of Rome or the Assyrian empire that their world orders would eventually come to and end.
I agree that the nation-state paradigm will probably eventually run its course and without nations the question is moot, but war in general I'm inclined to believe will be around as long as we are.
Pfizer's partnerships strengthen their ability to deliver vaccines in developing countries.
- Pfizer is helping to drive the UN's sustainable development goals through partnerships.
The controversy around the Torah codes gets a new life.
- Mathematicians claim to see a predictive pattern in the ancient Torah texts.
- The code is revealed by a method found with special computer software.
- Some events described by reading the code took place after the code was written.
Orangutans join humans and bees in a very exclusive club
- Orangutan mothers wait to sound a danger alarm to avoid tipping off predators to their location
- It took a couple of researchers crawling around the Sumatran jungle to discover the phenomenon
- This ability may come from a common ancestor
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.