Re: Re: Why are you a vegan?
I'm a little frustrated that people have found a way to include that political perspective into something as personal as what you eat. Nutrition should be the only deciding factor. For one thing, can humans eat meat? really? do we have the same stomach acids of that of a dog or other carnivore to devour meat like we do on television and meat eating contests? NO. Most of the times that humans ingest meat it is followed by discomfort and a really long and tiring digestive process. The meat takes various days to digest so while you pack some more on at your next meal your first pieces of meat pile up in your intestinal tract. Yeah, thats why raw meat literali sticks to your colon thus, a main cause for colon cancer. Bad part of it is that with meat you get a great amount of protein but so many other damaging things about meat that for me, makes it useless to eat it. For example, the fat of meat is the main reason why meat is so hard to digest and its the animal fat that your body can't metabolize to it rides along with your blood cells until it clumps up at some point, oxidises creates an infection then is diagnosed as Heart disease!
I never go through this much trouble eating soy protein, or enjoying protein from my broccoli. Being a vegeterian is too easy! my kitchen doesn't have to be constantly disenfected for bacteria my dishes mainly get a rinse to clean if there is no fat or oil consumed. Imagine number 2 that even you don't notice a smell! I could go on about the benefits. But let me tell you, PETA didn't make the choice for me.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Cosmologists propose a groundbreaking model of the universe using string theory.
- A new paper uses string theory to propose a new model of the universe.
- The researchers think our universe may be riding a bubble expanded by dark energy.
- All matter in the universe may exist in strings that reach into another dimension.
Evolution doesn't clean up after itself very well.
- An evolutionary biologist got people swapping ideas about our lingering vestigia.
- Basically, this is the stuff that served some evolutionary purpose at some point, but now is kind of, well, extra.
- Here are the six traits that inaugurated the fun.
For Damien Echols, tattoos are part of his existential armor.
- In prison Damien Echols was known by his number SK931, not his name, and had his hair sheared off. Stripped of his identity, the only thing he had left was his skin.
- This is why he began tattooing things that are meaningful to him — to carry a "suit of armor" made up the images of the people and things that have significance to him, from his friends to talismans.
- Echols believes that all places are imbued with divinity: "If you interact with New York City as if there's an intelligence behind... then it will behave towards you the same way.".
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.