Re: Re: Why are you a vegan?
I'm a little frustrated that people have found a way to include that political perspective into something as personal as what you eat. Nutrition should be the only deciding factor. For one thing, can humans eat meat? really? do we have the same stomach acids of that of a dog or other carnivore to devour meat like we do on television and meat eating contests? NO. Most of the times that humans ingest meat it is followed by discomfort and a really long and tiring digestive process. The meat takes various days to digest so while you pack some more on at your next meal your first pieces of meat pile up in your intestinal tract. Yeah, thats why raw meat literali sticks to your colon thus, a main cause for colon cancer. Bad part of it is that with meat you get a great amount of protein but so many other damaging things about meat that for me, makes it useless to eat it. For example, the fat of meat is the main reason why meat is so hard to digest and its the animal fat that your body can't metabolize to it rides along with your blood cells until it clumps up at some point, oxidises creates an infection then is diagnosed as Heart disease!
I never go through this much trouble eating soy protein, or enjoying protein from my broccoli. Being a vegeterian is too easy! my kitchen doesn't have to be constantly disenfected for bacteria my dishes mainly get a rinse to clean if there is no fat or oil consumed. Imagine number 2 that even you don't notice a smell! I could go on about the benefits. But let me tell you, PETA didn't make the choice for me.
- The meaning of the word 'confidence' seems obvious. But it's not the same as self-esteem.
- Confidence isn't just a feeling on your inside. It comes from taking action in the world.
- Join Big Think Edge today and learn how to achieve more confidence when and where it really matters.
- Bad outcomes get criticized as evidence of bad decisions, but that's not necessarily so.
- Here, poker pro Annie Duke desribes a simple thought experiment that separates decisions from outcomes.
- It is quite possible to make a very good decision that, due to external factors, results in a bad outcome.
Decide to Play Great Poker: A Strategy Guide to No-Limit Texas Hold '’Em
Lauren Miranda sent a nude selfie to a boyfriend years ago. Somehow one of her students discovered it.
- Math teacher Lauren Miranda was fired from her Long Island school when a topless selfie surfaced.
- Miranda had only shared the photo with her ex-boyfriend, who is also a teacher in the school district.
- She's suing the school for $3 million as well as getting her job back, citing gender discrimination.
If you're lacking confidence and feel like you could benefit from an ego boost, try writing your life story.
In truth, so much of what happens to us in life is random – we are pawns at the mercy of Lady Luck. To take ownership of our experiences and exert a feeling of control over our future, we tell stories about ourselves that weave meaning and continuity into our personal identity.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.