Re: Re: What would you change about the American political process?
I would make ALL campaign contributions illegal immediately, and forbid any campaigning (speeches, press releases, etc) by incumbents until 6mos. before the elections. TV networks use the speeches as content and charge advertisers as they do now. I'm all for free speech, so for the candidates that's all they should be allowed. I know most think this is SO crazy, but I believe it is the answer.
Malcolm Gladwell teaches "Get over yourself and get to work" for Big Think Edge.
- Learn to recognize failure and know the big difference between panicking and choking.
- At Big Think Edge, Malcolm Gladwell teaches how to check your inner critic and get clear on what failure is.
Can sensitive coral reefs survive another human generation?
Yes, a coup d'état.
- Though we know today that his policies eventually ended the Great Depression, FDR's election was seen as disastrous by some.
- A group of wealthy bankers decided to take things into their own hands; they plotted a coup against FDR, hoping to install a fascist dictator in its stead.
- Ultimately, the coup was brought to light by General Smedley Butler and squashed before it could get off the ground.
Michael Dowling, Northwell Health's CEO, believes we're entering the age of smart medicine.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.