Re: Re: What will stop the dollar from falling?
Trajectory hopes that Americans "WILL BEGIN TO RECOGNIZE AND ADDRESS THIS ISSUE (trade deficit) SOON."
That's almost exactly what the dealers in currencies feel about America's response to the trashing of the dollar -- that Americans are so arrogantly oblivious that they think the world will admire us when a politician BEGINS to RECOGNIZE the problem that started with Jimmy Carter-- and that we will BEGIN to ADDRESS the issue (meaning that Maria Bartiromo will TALK about it after the impact of Britney's breakdown is fully grasped.
USA has to take immediate effective action, such as imposing a 40% -250% tariff on all goods and parts coming in from countries with wages under $3 an hour.
This is an emergency!
In addition, USA has to immediately mandate that ALL cars sold in USA have flex-fuel capability. We also need a "Manhattan-project" to develop new fuel sources RIGHT AWAY!
"BEGIN to RECOGNIZE and ADDRESS the issue" is exactly the wrong thing to do.
Understanding thinking talents in yourself and others can build strong teams and help avoid burnout.
- Learn to collaborate within a team and identify "thinking talent" surpluses – and shortages.
- Angie McArthur teaches intelligent collaboration for Big Think Edge.
- Subscribe to Big Think Edge before we launch on March 30 to get 20% off monthly and annual memberships.
Rediscovering the principles of self-actualisation might be just the tonic that the modern world is crying out for.
Abraham Maslow was the 20th-century American psychologist best-known for explaining motivation through his hierarchy of needs, which he represented in a pyramid. At the base, our physiological needs include food, water, warmth and rest.
The blood of horseshoe crabs is harvested on a massive scale in order to retrieve a cell critical to medical research. However, recent innovations might make this practice obsolete.
- Horseshoe crabs' blue blood is so valuable that a quart of it can be sold for $15,000.
- This is because it contains a molecule that is crucial to the medical research community.
- Today, however, new innovations have resulted in a synthetic substitute that may end the practice of farming horseshoe crabs for their blood.
Does believing in true love make people act like jerks?
- Ghosting, or cutting off all contact suddenly with a romantic partner, is not nice.
- Growth-oriented people (who think relationships are made, not born) do not appreciate it.
- Destiny-oriented people (who believe in soulmates) are more likely to be okay with ghosting.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.