Re: Re: What will stop the dollar from falling?
Trajectory hopes that Americans "WILL BEGIN TO RECOGNIZE AND ADDRESS THIS ISSUE (trade deficit) SOON."
That's almost exactly what the dealers in currencies feel about America's response to the trashing of the dollar -- that Americans are so arrogantly oblivious that they think the world will admire us when a politician BEGINS to RECOGNIZE the problem that started with Jimmy Carter-- and that we will BEGIN to ADDRESS the issue (meaning that Maria Bartiromo will TALK about it after the impact of Britney's breakdown is fully grasped.
USA has to take immediate effective action, such as imposing a 40% -250% tariff on all goods and parts coming in from countries with wages under $3 an hour.
This is an emergency!
In addition, USA has to immediately mandate that ALL cars sold in USA have flex-fuel capability. We also need a "Manhattan-project" to develop new fuel sources RIGHT AWAY!
"BEGIN to RECOGNIZE and ADDRESS the issue" is exactly the wrong thing to do.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
A new study explores how certain personality traits affect individuals' attitudes on obesity in others.
- The study compared personality traits and obesity views among more than 3,000 mothers.
- The results showed that the personality traits neuroticism and extraversion are linked to more negative views and behaviors related to obesity.
- People who scored high in conscientiousness are more likely to experience "fat phobia.
The rise of anti-scientific thinking and conspiracy is a concerning trend.
- Fifty years later after one of the greatest achievements of mankind, there's a growing number of moon landing deniers. They are part of a larger trend of anti-scientific thinking.
- Climate change, anti-vaccination and other assorted conspiratorial mindsets are a detriment and show a tangible impediment to fostering real progress or societal change.
- All of these separate anti-scientific beliefs share a troubling root of intellectual dishonesty and ignorance.
The history of the Geneva Conventions tells us how the international community draws the line on brutality.
- Henry Dunant's work led to the Red Cross and conventions on treating prisoners humanely.
- Four Geneva Conventions defined the rules for prisoners of war, torture, naval and medical personnel and more.
- Amendments to the agreements reflect the modern world but have not been ratified by all countries.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.