Re: Re: What should be the big issues of the 2008 election?
Mr. Dershowitz gives voice to a position I have taken regarding this "Christian Consevative" movement. From my humble readings of the New Testament and my 59 years of learning in a mainstream Protestant church, I have been saying for years that "Christ would roll over in his grave (if he had one)over what the so-called Christians are saying in his name.
I do not profess to know what Christ would say on every issue. I may not agree with him on every issue (I know I am not perfect, but Mr. Dershowitz is correct to point out Christ's love for the downtrodden, especailly economic downtrodden and his total pacifism - look what he allowed people to do to him!
Malcolm Gladwell teaches "Get over yourself and get to work" for Big Think Edge.
- Learn to recognize failure and know the big difference between panicking and choking.
- At Big Think Edge, Malcolm Gladwell teaches how to check your inner critic and get clear on what failure is.
Does believing in true love make people act like jerks?
- Ghosting, or cutting off all contact suddenly with a romantic partner, is not nice.
- Growth-oriented people (who think relationships are made, not born) do not appreciate it.
- Destiny-oriented people (who believe in soulmates) are more likely to be okay with ghosting.
A new method of growing mini-brains produces some startling results.
- Researchers find a new and inexpensive way to keep organoids growing for a year.
- Axons from the study's organoids attached themselves to embryonic mouse spinal cord cells.
- The mini-brains took control of muscles connected to the spinal cords.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.